Stevenage defender bags Sky Bet League Two goal of the month award
- Credit: Robbie Stephenson/JMP
Fraser Franks has scooped Sky Bet League Two’s goal of the month award for December.
The defender’s wonderstrike came in Boro’s 4-3 home defeat to league leaders Doncaster Rovers on December 3.
Midfielder Michael Tonge’s cross-field pass was controlled on the thigh by Franks, who then struck an terrific volley inside the far post from 20 yards.
The effort received 48 per cent of the award’s online public vote.
Speaking after receiving the award, Franks said: “I’m delighted to win the award and would like to thank everybody that voted. I don’t get many with my feet so I’ll take this one!”
You may also want to watch:
Lead judge and Sky Sports Pundit Don Goodman said: “Brilliant movement, brilliant control on the thigh and a brilliant volley at the end of it, this goal had the lot!
“Franks isn’t a prolific scorer, with this only his second league goal this season, but it’s sure to be one he remembers for a long time.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
Forward to 1.11 on the above video (courtesy of Stevenage FC) to see Franks’ bullet-strike.