Stevenage Debenhams to replace Toys ‘R’ Us
- Credit: Archant
A branch of Toys ‘R’ Us is set to be replaced by a new department store.
A planning application was submitted yesterday (Wednesday) revealing plans to open a Debenhams store open on Stevenage’s Roaring Meg Retail Park in 2016.
The Comet can reveal that, if approved, Debenhams will take over the toy shop’s current site.
Phil Huby, of Roaring Meg Retail & Leisure, said: “The Toys ‘R’ Us lease has expired and we are currently discussing alternative options with them to relocate within the scheme.”
The news comes after it was revealed Homebase, also based at the retail park, is set to close in April.
You may also want to watch:
The Comet attempted to contact Toys ‘R’ Us but the company is yet comment.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village