Stevenage Day pop-up cycle track to appear on Channel 4
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up cycling track which featured at this year’s Stevenage Day is to appear on television tomorrow.
The television series, StreetVelodrome held the first round of the national velodrome competition at Stevenage Day earlier this year, with 22 local amateurs racing head to head against professional cyclists and Olympians.
Now the StreetVelodrome TV series will Channel 4 tomorrow at 5.40am, before being repeated on Wednesday on Eurosport.
Councillor Howard Burrell, executive member for culture, leisure and sport said: “Thousands of people enjoyed Stevenage Day and one of the big treats at this summer’s event was the pop-up velodrome. It is through working with our partners in the town, such as Sport Stevenage, MBDA, Wenta, The Stevenage Community Trust and Hertfordshire County Council, that we were able to host this exciting televised event and I’m pleased that local talent had the chance to show off their cycling skills.”
Tina Walker from the Stevenage Community Trust and Sport Stevenage raced against fellow cyclists Lauren Higham and Sean Brown at Stevenage Day.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was simply great fun and very exhilarating.”
- 1 Missing veteran John Dick found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 6 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 7 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 One-of-a-kind children's book shop opening in town centre
- 9 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 10 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage