Stevenage Day pop-up cycle track to appear on Channel 4
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up cycling track which featured at this year’s Stevenage Day is to appear on television tomorrow.
The television series, StreetVelodrome held the first round of the national velodrome competition at Stevenage Day earlier this year, with 22 local amateurs racing head to head against professional cyclists and Olympians.
Now the StreetVelodrome TV series will Channel 4 tomorrow at 5.40am, before being repeated on Wednesday on Eurosport.
Councillor Howard Burrell, executive member for culture, leisure and sport said: “Thousands of people enjoyed Stevenage Day and one of the big treats at this summer’s event was the pop-up velodrome. It is through working with our partners in the town, such as Sport Stevenage, MBDA, Wenta, The Stevenage Community Trust and Hertfordshire County Council, that we were able to host this exciting televised event and I’m pleased that local talent had the chance to show off their cycling skills.”
Tina Walker from the Stevenage Community Trust and Sport Stevenage raced against fellow cyclists Lauren Higham and Sean Brown at Stevenage Day.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was simply great fun and very exhilarating.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises