Stevenage Day headliners announced
- Credit: Archant
WITH just over a week to go until Stevenage Day, the two headline acts for the main stage have been announced.
Stevenage Day on Sunday, June 9, will be held on King George V Playing Fields from 12.30pm onwards.
Both headliners are local bands, with girl rock band JOANovARC taking to the stage at 3.30pm and male indie band All Against Nothing following at 4.15pm.
JOANovARC have performed throughout the world, having headlined shows in the USA and Caribbean and have toured extensively throughout Europe, including Hitchin festival Rhythms of the World.
Having also performed at Rhythms, All Against Nothing’s headline slots include the town’s Club 85 as well as The Forum in Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Howard Burrell, executive member for children and young people, culture, sport and leisure at Stevenage Borough Council, said: “Stevenage Day provides the perfect platform for local bands and I’m thrilled that this year’s main stage has a wealth of local talent.
“With a fantastic mix of performers, great stalls, rides, the day is set to be a very special event for the whole town to enjoy.”
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 4 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 5 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Controversial plan for 600 homes forges ahead
- 10 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects