Stevenage dancers achieve the impossible – help England win the world cup!
- Credit: Archant
Delighted dancers from Stevenage have returned from their sport’s world cup with a haul of prestigious medals having helped the England team to victory.
Girls from the Footworks School of Dance have just got back from the Dance World Cup in Germany, where they performed ten dances and won two silver and two gold medals topping last year’s performance at the same event.
Twenty dancers from the small school which meets at Stevenage District Scout headquarters in Magpie Crescent, were selected for the world cup after videos of ten of their dances were selected by judges.
The girls performed tirelessly in front of large audiences at the Oberrheinhalle venue in Offenburg.
Elise Pollock, Emily Ellis and Paige Simmonds won a bronze medal in the Junior song and dance category.
You may also want to watch:
Silver medals were won in the modern quartet category by Elise and Emily with Liberty Ferguson and Megan Luscombe, performing a song from the hit musical Dolls.
Another Silver came for all 20 dancers in the song and dance group category when they impressed the judges with their medley from Shrek.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Emily, Elise and Megan took a gold medal for their performance in the senior song and dance trio category and Megan got a gold in the dance solo category and was invited to perform in the gala at the end of the competition.
Dance teacher Kelly Twiggs, said: “We are so proud of them. Obviously to be even chosen to perform 10 numbers was amazing, but to come away with 31 medals for our school, a trophy for best song and contributing to England Winning the World cup for the fifth consecutive year was phenomenal. The teachers are so proud of how hard Footworks Team England worked on preparation and their performances on stage blew us away.”
For more information about the group visit www.footworksschoolofdance.co.uk.