Stevenage Dance teacher nominated for this year’s Comet Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A TEACHER said to be ‘one in a million’ has been nominated for this year’s Comet Community Awards.
Stephen Sapsed is a dance, drama and fitness teacher who teaches upwards of 1000 pupils a week throughout Stevenage in both secondary and primary schools.
In the primary schools he is held in great esteem where even the most difficult of children thrive and love the buzz of his classes.
The 30-year-old also has a great following in the over 50’s leisure classes he teaches at clubs and gyms around Stevenage.
As well as teaching in schools, Stephen has his own dance school Angelz were he teaches pupils aged from 3 to 83.
You may also want to watch:
Parent Alexandra Burns who nominated Stephen said: “He is held in high regard because everyone is treated as an equal and all get an even opportunity to express themselves.
“He is such a special person and teacher. He knows everyone’s name and treats everyone with respect and the dignity that they deserve. He truly is very special and is one in a million.”
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The Comet Community Awards aim to recognise inspirational people, and this year’s 12 award categories include Role Model of the Year, Charity Champion, Good Neighbour, Young Achiever, Teacher of the Year, and Great and Green.
The deadline for entry is Friday, April 26 at 5pm.
Finalists for the 2013 awards will be invited to a ceremony at Icknield Centre, Letchworth GC, on Friday, May 17, where winners in each category will be crowned.
If there’s someone you think deserves to be recognised, visit www.cometcommunityawards.co.uk and fill in the form.