Stevenage dance teacher nominated for Comet Community Award
- Credit: Archant
A dance instructor has been nominated for the Teacher of the Year prize in this year’s Comet Community Awards.
Stephen Sapsed teaches dance, drama and fitness classes throughout Stevenage – including at his own school Angelz, based in Great Ashby.
Regular student Jean Brownsmith, who nominated the 32-year-old for the award, said: “He has to be one of the best dance teachers in Hertfordshire. He gives 110% of himself in whatever he does.
“He has infinite patience with all of his students, young and old alike, and has a vast amount of knowledge on all different forms of dancing.
“Stephen also uses a lot of his own spare time to put on charity shows and raise money for some great causes. He is a wonderful teacher and I don’t think he should be overlooked.”
Fellow student Rose Delaney, who also put her teacher forward, said: “He is a great teacher and a lovely person. He knows every one of his students by name and his classes are both well-taught and fun to take part in. He radiates a warmth that brings people together through dance.”
Stephen said: “It’s great to be nominated and I really appreciate the recognition for my work. I just love being able to teach such a wide and varying group of people and getting to know them and watch people come together and make new friends. I am honoured.”
- 1 Person dies after being hit by train between Hatfield and Finsbury Park
- 2 Four vehicles crash on A602 near Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage's Forster Country: 'Secret plans' for car park and toilet block
- 4 Woman's purse 'stolen' outside Stevenage Tesco
- 5 Recap: Person 'hit by a train' between Welwyn Garden City and London
- 6 Beauty products worth 'thousands of pounds' stolen from Hitchin Sainsbury's
- 7 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 8 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 9 Apply for free tickets to see new season of The Masked Singer being filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man who exposed Jimmy Savile reveals work on another paedophile case
The Comet Community Awards aim to recognise inspirational people, and this year’s 12 award categories include Role Model of the Year, Charity Champion, Good Neighbour, Young Achiever and Great and Green.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 25, at 5pm.
If there’s someone you think deserves to be recognised, visit www.cometcommunityawards.co.uk and fill in the form.