Stevenage dance teacher nominated for Comet Community Award
- Credit: Archant
A dance instructor has been nominated for the Teacher of the Year prize in this year’s Comet Community Awards.
Stephen Sapsed teaches dance, drama and fitness classes throughout Stevenage – including at his own school Angelz, based in Great Ashby.
Regular student Jean Brownsmith, who nominated the 32-year-old for the award, said: “He has to be one of the best dance teachers in Hertfordshire. He gives 110% of himself in whatever he does.
“He has infinite patience with all of his students, young and old alike, and has a vast amount of knowledge on all different forms of dancing.
“Stephen also uses a lot of his own spare time to put on charity shows and raise money for some great causes. He is a wonderful teacher and I don’t think he should be overlooked.”
Fellow student Rose Delaney, who also put her teacher forward, said: “He is a great teacher and a lovely person. He knows every one of his students by name and his classes are both well-taught and fun to take part in. He radiates a warmth that brings people together through dance.”
Stephen said: “It’s great to be nominated and I really appreciate the recognition for my work. I just love being able to teach such a wide and varying group of people and getting to know them and watch people come together and make new friends. I am honoured.”
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 10 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
The Comet Community Awards aim to recognise inspirational people, and this year’s 12 award categories include Role Model of the Year, Charity Champion, Good Neighbour, Young Achiever and Great and Green.
The deadline for entries is Friday, April 25, at 5pm.
If there’s someone you think deserves to be recognised, visit www.cometcommunityawards.co.uk and fill in the form.