Dad taking on multi-triathlon challenge in aid of men's mental health
- Credit: Kieran Feetham
A Stevenage dad is taking on the challenge of completing as many triathlons as he can over the two-day Blenheim Weekend Warrior Triathlon event this weekend.
Kieran Feetham, 37, will be doing a 750m swim, 20km bike ride and 5km run - repeatedly - to raise funds for an East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity men’s health champion to help improve men’s health in the community.
The dad of two said: “I want to raise money so there is support for new dads as well as all the guys out there that have struggled with their physical and mental health during the lockdowns.
"It’s very brave for a guy to ask for help, but we have to have the support out there for them when they do.
“My dad was a European champion triathlete, but even he thinks I am mad to do this event.”
You may also want to watch:
Kieran runs the Stevenage Injury Clinic and is a running coach for Fairlands Valley Spartans, so he knows what a challenge he has set for himself.
Eloise Huddleston, director of East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity, which supports Lister Hospital, said: “What an amazing challenge Kieran is taking on!
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 3 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 6 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 7 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 10 Free music festival to get Stevenage Old Town rocking
"It’s so great to see him raise funds for a men’s health champion to help men who might otherwise struggle with their physical and mental health. This is needed now more than ever.
"Thank you, Kieran and best of luck!”
To support Kieran and his multi-triathlon challenge, visit: justgiving.com/kieran-feetham1.