Drivers plead not guilty over Stevenage car meet crash which injured 19 people
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Two men charged in connection with the Monkswood Way crash in Stevenage last year have appeared at St Albans Crown Court today.
Dominic Brown, aged 21 and from Park Street Lane, St Albans, and 21-year-old Julian Castano-Perez from Fitzwalter Place, Dunmow in Essex, appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, July 1, where they were charged with 19 offences in connection with the collision. Today, both men pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Both drivers are charged with nine offences of serious injury by dangerous driving and 10 offences for wanton/furious driving.
The collision took place in Stevenage on Thursday, July 18, 2019 and occurred after a car cruise meeting which had been held in the town.
Officers attended Monkswood Way at around 9.45pm, to reports that two cars had collided and subsequently hit crowds which had gathered to watch.
A case management hearing has now been set for December 11.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again