Drivers plead not guilty over Stevenage car meet crash which injured 19 people
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Two men charged in connection with the Monkswood Way crash in Stevenage last year have appeared at St Albans Crown Court today.
Dominic Brown, aged 21 and from Park Street Lane, St Albans, and 21-year-old Julian Castano-Perez from Fitzwalter Place, Dunmow in Essex, appeared at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, July 1, where they were charged with 19 offences in connection with the collision. Today, both men pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Both drivers are charged with nine offences of serious injury by dangerous driving and 10 offences for wanton/furious driving.
The collision took place in Stevenage on Thursday, July 18, 2019 and occurred after a car cruise meeting which had been held in the town.
Officers attended Monkswood Way at around 9.45pm, to reports that two cars had collided and subsequently hit crowds which had gathered to watch.
You may also want to watch:
A case management hearing has now been set for December 11.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation