Stevenage council workers sleeping on the job?
- Credit: Archant
An eagle-eyed resident appears to have caught two Stevenage Borough Council workers sleeping on the job.
Steve Berkelmans snapped the workers apparently napping instead of working in Ripon Road, Stevenage.
He said: “This sort of behaviour from council staff all around the town is not uncommon at all. I work in the town and am out and about in it a lot.
“I’ve lived in Stevenage for 44 years and have seen the standards drop year on year to the point I look around now and think what a shabby-looking town we now live in and, when I see the council doing what they are doing, or not in this case, it’s no surprise to me how it now is.”
A council spokesman said: “We have spoken to the members of staff in the pictures and they were on official breaks at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also be contacting the resident to discuss their concerns.”
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy