Stevenage council leader Sharon Taylor to stand at next general election
THE leader of Stevenage Borough Council, Sharon Taylor, will stand as Labour s candidate for Stevenage at the next general election. Cllr Taylor, who lives in Fairview Road in Stevenage, was selected by an overwhelming majority of Stevenage Labour Party m
THE leader of Stevenage Borough Council, Sharon Taylor, will stand as Labour's candidate for Stevenage at the next general election.
Cllr Taylor, who lives in Fairview Road in Stevenage, was selected by an overwhelming majority of Stevenage Labour Party members after MP Barbara Follett announced she would be stepping down at the next election.
Cllr Taylor grew up in Stevenage, attending Roebuck, Camps Hill and Stevenage Girls Grammar schools. She has brought up three children in the town and has worked locally for British Aerospace, John Lewis and Herts Police.
Cllr Taylor said: "I am honoured to be standing for the place where I grew up, brought up my family and continue to live.
You may also want to watch:
"At the next general election the people of Stevenage will face a clear choice between having a local Labour MP standing up for Stevenage people or a Conservative MP intent on talking down our town and country."
Mrs Follett said: "I am really pleased and proud that Stevenage Labour Party has selected Sharon Taylor to succeed me as their general election candidate. She is the best choice for Labour and the best choice for the town she knows and loves so well. I look forward to voting for Sharon for Stevenage."
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
Reproduced from an email sent by Stevenage Labour Party.
Promoted by Ralph Raynor on behalf of Sharon Taylor both of 4 Popple Way, Stevenage, Herts SG1 3TG.