Stevenage council leader Sharon Taylor to stand at next general election
THE leader of Stevenage Borough Council, Sharon Taylor, will stand as Labour s candidate for Stevenage at the next general election. Cllr Taylor, who lives in Fairview Road in Stevenage, was selected by an overwhelming majority of Stevenage Labour Party m
THE leader of Stevenage Borough Council, Sharon Taylor, will stand as Labour's candidate for Stevenage at the next general election.
Cllr Taylor, who lives in Fairview Road in Stevenage, was selected by an overwhelming majority of Stevenage Labour Party members after MP Barbara Follett announced she would be stepping down at the next election.
Cllr Taylor grew up in Stevenage, attending Roebuck, Camps Hill and Stevenage Girls Grammar schools. She has brought up three children in the town and has worked locally for British Aerospace, John Lewis and Herts Police.
Cllr Taylor said: "I am honoured to be standing for the place where I grew up, brought up my family and continue to live.
You may also want to watch:
"At the next general election the people of Stevenage will face a clear choice between having a local Labour MP standing up for Stevenage people or a Conservative MP intent on talking down our town and country."
Mrs Follett said: "I am really pleased and proud that Stevenage Labour Party has selected Sharon Taylor to succeed me as their general election candidate. She is the best choice for Labour and the best choice for the town she knows and loves so well. I look forward to voting for Sharon for Stevenage."
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Reproduced from an email sent by Stevenage Labour Party.
Promoted by Ralph Raynor on behalf of Sharon Taylor both of 4 Popple Way, Stevenage, Herts SG1 3TG.