Stevenage council asks for emergency calls only after power cut
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been asked to call “only in an emergency” due to problems with the power supply at Stevenage Borough Council today (Friday).
Power was lost at the council’s offices in Danestrete at about 7am with the problem yet to be resolved.
As a result, the customer service centre at Daneshill House is currently closed with IT and phone services affected.
The council is able to take calls, although the number of lines is limited.
A spokesman for the council said: “We’re asking residents to please try to call us only in an emergency. Please bear with us if it takes awhile for us to answer the call. Unfortunately the problem is completely out of our control.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will be keeping residents up-to-date with the situation via social networking websites Facebook and Twitter, as well as responding to non-urgent enquiries.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises