Stevenage named on list of potential new Travelodge hotel sites
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Stevenage is on a list of 10 commuter towns that could be set for a Travelodge as part of the hotel chain’s railway expansion programme.
The scheme is part of Travelodge’s attempt to tap into the growing number of people using the railways.
Stevenage is joined on the list of potential sites by fellow Hertfordshire towns, Watford and Ware.
Travelodge UK property director Tony O’Brien said: “These towns are important business locations in their own right and are growing at pace and attracting businesses of all sizes.
“They are also a magnet for savvy travellers who are seeking low cost accommodation and don’t mind travelling into the capital.”
You may also want to watch:
If the hotel in Stevenage was to go ahead, Travelodge says that it would create 30 new jobs and cost around £8 million, which would be provided by third party investors.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses