Stevenage named on list of potential new Travelodge hotel sites
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Stevenage is on a list of 10 commuter towns that could be set for a Travelodge as part of the hotel chain’s railway expansion programme.
The scheme is part of Travelodge’s attempt to tap into the growing number of people using the railways.
Stevenage is joined on the list of potential sites by fellow Hertfordshire towns, Watford and Ware.
Travelodge UK property director Tony O’Brien said: “These towns are important business locations in their own right and are growing at pace and attracting businesses of all sizes.
“They are also a magnet for savvy travellers who are seeking low cost accommodation and don’t mind travelling into the capital.”
If the hotel in Stevenage was to go ahead, Travelodge says that it would create 30 new jobs and cost around £8 million, which would be provided by third party investors.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000