Stevenage Community Trust helps families out at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A charitable organisation has distributed supermarket vouchers worth £200,000 to families in need.
The Stevenage Community Trust has donated gift tokens to families around the town in the hope that they will be able to help make Christmas a bit more affordable.
Working in partnership with children’s centres, Home Start Stevenage, the family nurse partnership, and the Citizens Advice Bureau, the trust was able to identify the families who will most benefit from such a donation.
Caroline Haskins, manager of Stevenage Community Trust, said: “It is heart-warming to know that this donation will make such a difference to the Christmas of many children and their families who live in our community.”
Stevenage Community Trust is an independent charity which raises funds to help those living in the town and its surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.stevenagecommunitytrust.org
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 8 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council