Stevenage community invited to join litter pick to help get the town ready for spring
- Credit: Archant
People in Stevenage are being invited to take part in a town wide litter pick on Saturday.
Community group Give Back to Stevenage is asking people to collect one bag full of rubbish each and then post selfie pictures of themselves collecting in any part of the town on the GBTS Facebook page.
The event kicks off at 12 noon and you can post online any time after that.
GBTS founder Sam Wood said: “You can pick up litter anywhere you want to in town. We’re just asking people to go out and pick up one carrier bag full and post a pic of themselves collecting it onto our page.
“We’re trying to see if we can get the community together to make the place look great.
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s see if we can get lots and lots of posts on the page.”
Anyone taking part should wear protective gloves or use a grabber when picking up rubbish.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
GBTS was formed just before Christmas and has organised activities including a party for the homeless, a house makeover, and collections for the homeless and less fortunate.
To find out more search for Give Back to Stevenage on Facebook.