Stevenage community group seeks return of lost ceremonial chain
- Credit: Archant
A community group is seeking the public’s help to find a ceremonial chain of “enormous sentimental value”.
Stevenage Lions Club president Dot Brown lost her chain of office last Wednesday, July 2, possibly while travelling from her home in Pepsal End to the house of a fellow member in Sheringham Avenue.
It is hoped the chain – which has a blue material ribbon with the Lions International emblem on it and previous presidents’ badges attached – can be found before it is due to be awarded to the next president on July 28.
Membership chairman Trish Newton said: “We have had that chain for 24 years and it is of enormous sentimental value to our members.
“It is made of bronze and not worth much in monetary terms but I know it would mean so much to all of us to have it returned safely.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the club on 0845 833 5746 or email email@example.com
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?