Stevenage community benefits from cash boosts
A PLAY association in Stevenage has netted �2,000 for a seaside-themed recreation area. The money has been donated to St Nicholas Association for Play in Stevenage by Herts County Council (HCC). Marie Shearer, from the play association, said: Thanks to t
A PLAY association in Stevenage has netted �2,000 for a seaside-themed recreation area.
The money has been donated to St Nicholas Association for Play in Stevenage by Herts County Council (HCC).
Marie Shearer, from the play association, said: "Thanks to the grant we will now be able to create a bespoke themed sand and water play area."
Their current facilities, which include an adventure playground, are open access and free for children aged five to 14.
You may also want to watch:
A support network for parents and children - Practical Parenting Programme Ltd - has also been given a helping hand, with a grant for �2,000 from HCC.
Sandra Ashley, director of the Stevenage-based charity, said: "This will help our work with parents of teenagers who are experiencing problems with communication, establishing boundaries or peer pressure.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
"We really appreciate this grant because it means we will be able to help more families in the Broadwater area of Stevenage."
Hertford Road Community Association has received �500 from HCC to help pay for a children's Christmas party at the centre, and for a new information booklet to be sent out to approximately 1,500 residents.
To apply for a grant for a social, economic or environmental cause in Hertfordshire visit www.hertsdirect.org and type 'locality budgets' into the search box.