Stevenage claim team of the round award
- Credit: Archant
Boro rewarded after beating Leyton Orient in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
Stevenage’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy win over Leyton Orient has been recognised after they become the latest club to win a Team of the Round award.
Boro’s home win in the southern area quarter-finals saw Francois Zoko, Lucas Akins and Filipe Morais all score in the 3-2 victory.
The club will now receive a trophy as well as £200 of Johnstone’s Paint product to use on a club project.
Ben Wilde, brand and sponsorship manager of Johnstone’s Paint, said: “There were a number of eye-catching performances in the area quarter-finals and it was a very tough decision.
You may also want to watch:
“But Stevenage’s display was very impressive when the early-season results of Leyton Orient were taken into account so there was no doubt they are deserving winners of the award.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash