Stevenage children go full cycle and raise thousands with Letchworth bike ride
- Credit: Archant
A group of primary school children raised more than £3,000 for a hospice with a charity bike ride on Saturday.
Most of the kids are pupils at St Nicholas CofE Primary School and Nursery in Stevenage and cycled 13.6 miles around the Letchworth Greenway to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Their efforts raised thousands of pounds for the hospice – which cares for terminally ill people in the area.
Graham Vernon organised the event in memory of his late wife Lois who died from breast cancer in 2012.
He said: “The ride was a great success, everyone enjoyed being outside cycling in beautiful Hertfordshire countryside.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/teams/GreenwayCycle2015.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'