Stevenage children go full cycle and raise thousands with Letchworth bike ride
- Credit: Archant
A group of primary school children raised more than £3,000 for a hospice with a charity bike ride on Saturday.
Most of the kids are pupils at St Nicholas CofE Primary School and Nursery in Stevenage and cycled 13.6 miles around the Letchworth Greenway to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Their efforts raised thousands of pounds for the hospice – which cares for terminally ill people in the area.
Graham Vernon organised the event in memory of his late wife Lois who died from breast cancer in 2012.
He said: “The ride was a great success, everyone enjoyed being outside cycling in beautiful Hertfordshire countryside.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/teams/GreenwayCycle2015.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home