Stevenage celebrates Fairtrade status
EIGHT new signs celebrating Stevenage s recently acquired Fairtrade status have been put up around the town. Jasmin Julia Gupta, chair of the Stevenage Fairtrade Group, said: I am delighted all of the main road entrances to Stevenage now proudly display
EIGHT new signs celebrating Stevenage's recently acquired Fairtrade status have been put up around the town.
Jasmin Julia Gupta, chair of the Stevenage Fairtrade Group, said: "I am delighted all of the main road entrances to Stevenage now proudly display signs that we are a Fairtrade town.
"This is very much an achievement for the people of Stevenage who wholeheartedly support Third World producers with a fair deal.
"We are now proud to lead the way in pioneering support from towns in Hertfordshire to become a Fairtrade county."
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are invited to attend the next meeting of the Stevenage Fairtrade Group at 6.30pm on Monday, November 9, at Stevenage Borough Council's offices on Danestrete.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs