Stevenage celebrates Fairtrade status
EIGHT new signs celebrating Stevenage s recently acquired Fairtrade status have been put up around the town. Jasmin Julia Gupta, chair of the Stevenage Fairtrade Group, said: I am delighted all of the main road entrances to Stevenage now proudly display
EIGHT new signs celebrating Stevenage's recently acquired Fairtrade status have been put up around the town.
Jasmin Julia Gupta, chair of the Stevenage Fairtrade Group, said: "I am delighted all of the main road entrances to Stevenage now proudly display signs that we are a Fairtrade town.
"This is very much an achievement for the people of Stevenage who wholeheartedly support Third World producers with a fair deal.
"We are now proud to lead the way in pioneering support from towns in Hertfordshire to become a Fairtrade county."
Members of the public are invited to attend the next meeting of the Stevenage Fairtrade Group at 6.30pm on Monday, November 9, at Stevenage Borough Council's offices on Danestrete.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000