Single mum has ‘unknown substance’ thrown onto car in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A single mum from Stevenage awoke to find her car stripped of its paintwork, after it had “an unknown substance” thrown over it last night.
The mum, who didn’t want to be named, answered her door – in Ferrier Road in Chells – to her neighbour at 9am this morning, after he saw the Lexus RX300 had been targeted.
She told the Comet: “I couldn’t believe it. He said that acid had been thrown onto the car, completely writing it off.”
“I’m a single parent – I don’t know what I’m going to do.”
Police are investigating the incident. A force spokeswoman said: “Between 6.30pm yesterday and 9am today, an unknown substance was poured onto the vehicle, causing the paint to strip off.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on 101, quoting crime reference E1/18/2857.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?