Stevenage car park covered in broken glass after vandals destroy car in daylight attack
- Credit: Archant
Shards of glass were left all over a car park after vandals did extensive damage to a car yesterday afternoon.
Members of the public called the police at around 2pm after a black Renault Clio hatchback parked in St Nicholas Park in Pilgrims Way, Stevenage, was being vandalised.
Several of the car’s windows and its windscreen were smashed and the bodywork and driver’s wheel were damaged in the attack.
A picture of the car has been widely shared on Facebook including on the Spotted in Stevenage site.
The police said they are currently investigating to try and find out who committed the crime and what motivated them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 2 The Market Theatre could be axed as plan for flats is drawn up
- 3 Long-term flooding fix earmarked for major Stevenage road
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 The hospice nurses administering COVID-19 vaccine in nearby care home
- 6 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 9 TV, motocross and quad bikes stolen in Stevenage burglary
- 10 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role