Stevenage car park covered in broken glass after vandals destroy car in daylight attack
- Credit: Archant
Shards of glass were left all over a car park after vandals did extensive damage to a car yesterday afternoon.
Members of the public called the police at around 2pm after a black Renault Clio hatchback parked in St Nicholas Park in Pilgrims Way, Stevenage, was being vandalised.
Several of the car’s windows and its windscreen were smashed and the bodywork and driver’s wheel were damaged in the attack.
A picture of the car has been widely shared on Facebook including on the Spotted in Stevenage site.
The police said they are currently investigating to try and find out who committed the crime and what motivated them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward