Stevenage cancer charity needs final push to reach fundraising target
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity tasked with raising £10,000 in just four weeks has almost reached its target, but with the deadline tomorrow is asking for a final push from the community.
Cancer Hair Care on Middle Row in Stevenage has been promised £10,000 from grant-giving charity The Hutton Foundation if it can match that amount within four weeks.
Following an appeal in the Comet the charity is closing in on the five-figure sum, but tomorrow’s deadline is now looming.
Cancer Hair Care founder Jasmin Julia Gupta said: “We have had some amazing donations from people, including £1,000 from the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse and a fantastic £11.25 from a little boy’s pocket money collection.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the generosity of people. We are now almost there – fingers crossed we can do it.”
You may also want to watch:
Cancer Hair Care offers free, expert advice and support on all aspects of hair loss before, during and after cancer treatments, and the money raised will help fund patient services for six months. To donate, email email@example.com or call the team on 01438 311322.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses