Stevenage cancer charity needs final push to reach fundraising target
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity tasked with raising £10,000 in just four weeks has almost reached its target, but with the deadline tomorrow is asking for a final push from the community.
Cancer Hair Care on Middle Row in Stevenage has been promised £10,000 from grant-giving charity The Hutton Foundation if it can match that amount within four weeks.
Following an appeal in the Comet the charity is closing in on the five-figure sum, but tomorrow’s deadline is now looming.
Cancer Hair Care founder Jasmin Julia Gupta said: “We have had some amazing donations from people, including £1,000 from the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse and a fantastic £11.25 from a little boy’s pocket money collection.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the generosity of people. We are now almost there – fingers crossed we can do it.”
Cancer Hair Care offers free, expert advice and support on all aspects of hair loss before, during and after cancer treatments, and the money raised will help fund patient services for six months. To donate, email email@example.com or call the team on 01438 311322.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000