Stevenage cake maker ready mountain challenge to help make terminal cancer patients’ wedding dreams a reality
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by the strength of a young mother faced with terminal cancer, professional cake maker Sarah Crump is preparing to complete four mountain climbs – including the highest peak in the UK – in a bid to help others.
Sarah, 40, who lives in Stevenage and owns We R Cakes in Datchworth, met Naomi Thomas last year.
Naomi, mum to five-year-old Devon, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009 and has since been told it is terminal.
The 33-year-old wedding planner is all too aware of the financial pressures terminal illness can lead to, and she has set up The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation to help people make their dream wedding a reality.
Sarah said: “Since meeting Naomi, I have been thinking of ways I can help raise valuable funds for her amazing charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I love to challenge myself physically and mentally and thought about the Yorkshire Three Peaks climb, but why stop there? So, I’ve asked a wonderful friend to do several climbs with me.
“We will start our adventure on May 9 when we will climb the Yorkshire Three Peaks, on June 27 we will climb Snowdon in Wales, on July 18 we will tackle Scafell Pike in England, and we will top it off with Ben Nevis – the UK’s highest peak – in Scotland on August 22.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
Sarah, who has shed six stone since July last year, hopes to raise £1,000 for the charity, which has the single purpose of organising and funding weddings for terminally ill people.
She said: “We are doing the four mountain climbs for The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation because it’s an amazing charity and Naomi is an inspiration.
“Thank you so much for any donation you can give. Even a few pounds goes a long way.”
To sponsor Sarah, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Sarah-Poole7.
To find out more information about The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation, visit www.weddingwishingwell.org.uk.