Stevenage businessman Scott all set for first appearance with Lord Sugar in tonight’s BBC One’s hit show The Apprentice as he speaks about his life – and favourite places in Hitchin
- Credit: BBC/Boundless/Jim Marks
A Stevenage businessman who is featuring as one of the keen contestants in the latest series of BBC One show The Apprentice has been talking this week of his links to the area and his experience on the show.
A Stevenage businessman appearing as a contestant in BBC One’s hit show The Apprentice has been talking this week of his links to the area and his experience on the show.
Scott Saunders, 27, who lives in Stevenage old town and runs a booming online comparison called Payroll-Supermarket website company told the Comet: “Being on the Apprentice was an amazing experience. I would recommend it to anyone, it was well worth doing.
“I plan to watch tonight’s show with my family, and plan to have a few friends round my house tomorrow night.
“I recently split up with my girlfriend and am enjoying life as a single man but if the right person came along you never know.
You may also want to watch:
“I lived in Ickleford near Hitchin and now live in Stevenage. I went to Fearnhill School in Letchworth, then studied at the Centre of the Arts at North Herts College. “I was roped into doing a bit of modelling for them but didn’t think anymore about it.
“The next thing I knew my face was plastered all over local buses with a speech bubble saying: ‘I want to be a hairdresser!’ Not that there’s anything wrong with being a hairdresser but I’ve always been interested in business.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
“I then went to Birmingham University to study Product Design which was a great learning experience. I also spent time in Aya Napa in Cyprus, and have done hosting at places like The Ministry of Sound and Fabric.
“I was also involved in an events company called Audiosquid which did house and dub step nights at places like Hitchin’s Bliss nightclub.
“As a local lad I’ve been going out in Hitchin for about ten years now, particularly Bliss which is now known as Aura. I also like going to the Chic Bar, Osinsky’s and the brilliant Los Reyes run by Tom Brace who is doing a great job there.
“I also think The Victoria on Ickleford Road is an amazing pub.
“I visit Cinnabar Cafe in Stevenage old town.
“My company Payroll-Supermarket is the first online payroll computer website which compares quotes for contractor accounts, umbrella companies, contractor insurance and money exchange services. You can contact me on 0800 774 7414 or visit www.payroll-supermarket.com.”
Scott will be at the British Invention Show and Awards with the inventor of the digital audio player called Kane Kramer. He is joint organiser of the show which is being held from October 21 to October 24 at the Barbican Exhibition Centre.
The Apprentice, BBC One, 9pm tonight.