Stevenage brothers land roles in West End play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof starring A-list actress Sienna Miller
- Credit: Archant
Two young brothers with a passion for acting have landed parts in a West End play.
Ethan and Flynn Riley, who live in Stevenage, successfully auditioned for roles in Tennessee Williams’ Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, which opens at London’s Apollo Theatre today and will run for 12 weeks.
The play – which won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1955 – is the story of a southern family in crisis and their interaction over the course of one evening gathered at the family estate in Mississippi, to celebrate the birthday of patriarch Big Daddy, who has terminal cancer.
Seven-year-old Ethan and Flynn, nine, will play the children of Gooper and Mae – the son and daughter-in-law of Big Daddy, intent on securing his estate after his death – and will perform with a stellar cast which includes Sienna Miller, Jack O’Connell and Colm Meaney.
Ethan and Flynn’s mum, Janine, said: “We are extremely proud of our two boys, who are going to be performing in an amazing play that will highlight their talents as actors.
“It’s an astonishing achievement for them both and we are so thrilled.
“We cannot wait to go and see them perform alongside such an incredible cast. They have been busy boys rehearsing and are super excited.”
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 3 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 9 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
Ethan and Flynn were both signed up to a children’s model and casting management agency when they were five and six, respectively, and both love acting and performing.
They began in the industry by modelling for well-known high street brands such as Next and now, instead of performing in front of a camera, they will be performing in front of more than 600 people – with the opening night already a sell-out.
On hearing they had got through the auditions and landed their roles in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Ethan and Flynn said: “We feel great! We feel confident and we feel it is a great achievement.”
For more information about the play and to book tickets, visit www.youngvicwestend.com or call the Apollo Theatre’s box office on 0330 333 4809 or the Young Vic’s box office on 020 7922 2922.