Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham reveals he’d love former Manchester United teammates David Beckham and Paul Scholes to help Boro
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham has revealed he is trying to get some of his illustrious former teammates to help his team during training sessions – including David Beckham!
The former Manchester United star told the Comet he is attempting to tap into the vast experience of world-renowned players and past playing colleagues to help his League Two team.
Speaking ahead of preparations for Boro’s much-anticipated local derby with Luton Town at The Lamex tomorrow he said: “If David Beckham is in the area, we’d love to get him along to training with my lads.
“The same thing goes for all of the players I played with.
“I’d love some of my former teammates to come down and share their experience with my squad.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love the likes of Paul Scholes, Dwight Yorke, or Darren Anderton to come down and take part in a five-a-side for example just to show my lads what top players are all about.
“I used to love mixing with really good players when I was a young player because you can learn so much, even from one training session.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 5 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 8 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 9 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park