Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham reveals he’d love former Manchester United teammates David Beckham and Paul Scholes to help Boro
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham has revealed he is trying to get some of his illustrious former teammates to help his team during training sessions – including David Beckham!
The former Manchester United star told the Comet he is attempting to tap into the vast experience of world-renowned players and past playing colleagues to help his League Two team.
Speaking ahead of preparations for Boro’s much-anticipated local derby with Luton Town at The Lamex tomorrow he said: “If David Beckham is in the area, we’d love to get him along to training with my lads.
“The same thing goes for all of the players I played with.
“I’d love some of my former teammates to come down and share their experience with my squad.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love the likes of Paul Scholes, Dwight Yorke, or Darren Anderton to come down and take part in a five-a-side for example just to show my lads what top players are all about.
“I used to love mixing with really good players when I was a young player because you can learn so much, even from one training session.”
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 3 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre