Stevenage boss pleased to see return of two strikers
- Credit: Archant
Adam Marriott and Calvin Zola both featured in the draw at Morecambe
Graham Westley says he is pleased to see strikers Adam Marriott and Calvin Zola back in action.
Zola joined Boro in the summer but was limited to just two substitute appearances in the first half of the season due to injuries.
After making the bench for two games over Christmas, the former Aberdeen forward came on for just over 10 minutes in Saturday’s draw at Morecambe while fellow front man Marriott started his first game since September, also due to injuries.
Speaking after the match, Westley said: “It’s nice to have Adam back, and it’s nice to see Calvin back into early stage action.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s had 10-12 minutes [against Morecambe] and he’s had one or two promising moments. The centre-halves knew they were in a game because suddenly there’s 6ft 5in up there and he wins a lot of headers.
“He had some nice touches and held some good ball up and of course he put Roarie [Deacon] in for the ‘penalty’ [shout, which was turned down].
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn