Stevenage boss named Sky Bet Football League manager of the week
Graham Westley guided his side to a 2-0 win at York City on Saturday
Graham Westley has been named the Sky Bet Football League manager of the week.
The Stevenage boss orchestrated his side’s 2-0 victory over York City on Saturday, his side’s fifth victory in six matches.
The team of the week contains the likes of MK Dons’ Dean Lewington and Nottingham Forest’s Ben Osborn, but contains no Boro players.
The Football League, on choosing the Stevenage manager, said: “Westley has now guided his side to a six-game unbeaten run, with five of those matches resulting in three points. Their hot streak saw them leapfrog Plymouth this week to move into the Sky Bet League 2 Play-Off places.”
You may also want to watch:
Boro also now top the League 2 form guide over the last six games. They have picked up 16 points from their last six matches, two more than their nearest rivals in the form table Burton Albion.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home