Stevenage boss: Midfielder a doubt for Bury game
- Credit: Archant
Injuries continue to stack up for Graham Westley following David McAllister’s withdrawal at Mansfield
Graham Westley admits that David McAllister is a doubt for Tuesday evening’s home match with Bury.
The midfielder, who was signed by the club last month from Shrewsbury Town following a successful loan spell, was substituted midway through the second half of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Mansfield Town after picking up an injury.
Simon Walton is likely to take his place in central midfield for tomorrow’s match, while teenager Ben Kennedy, who made his first start for the club at the weekend, could also retain his place in the side.
Westley said: “[McAllister] came down awkwardly and jolted his groin so he’s almost certain to miss out on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
“You want the best players on the pitch, we need the best players on the pitch.
“In the days of old it was the same XI that kept going out there: it was [Mark] Roberts and [Jon] Ashton, [Ronnie] Henry and [Scott] Laird [in defence].
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
“[Mark] Bostwick in the middle, Lawrie [Wilson] down the right and Stacy [Long] down the left. You knew the team going out there week in, week out.
“I always said if we took an injury we could be in trouble because we didn’t have the depth. We’re not a club that is ever going to have the depth. We need our front line players out there. To lose half our team is tough.”