Stevenage boss Darren Sarll gives injury update on Jack King and Matt Godden
- Credit: Archant
With Stevenage due to travel to Colchester United tomorrow Boro boss Darren Sarll has given Comet Sport an update on the club’s injury situation.
Sarll, who team drew their season opener 3-3 against Newport County on Saturday before losing 2-0 at Millwall has spoken about players returning to fitness.
His squad have been hit with a number of injuries to key players during pre-season with the manager giving an update on his men.
He said: “Jack King will train today, he’s very close to a return but maybe not against Colchester on Saturday.
“Matt Godden got 45 minutes against Millwall on Tuesday and looked sharp.
You may also want to watch:
“We also got an hour into Chris Whelpdale, which is the longest he’s played in a while.
“With the injuries that we’ve had in pre-season we were always going into August knowing that we would get better as the month goes on.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“Godden is a starter and King is a big player for us. Tom Pett was in and out in his pre-season programme.
“We bought in Jonathan Smith and Whelpdale to supplement the talented youngsters and as the month goes on we’ll get stronger and stronger.
“We’ve just got to make sure we keep going in the right direction and while we are doing that, we’ll take points.”