Call for volunteers in big Stevenage clean-up
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help clean up Stevenage neighbourhoods.
A spokesman for Stevenage Borough Council said: “As part of our efforts to work co-operatively with residents at a neighbourhood level, £26,000 has been dedicated to fund a spring clean. Our environment teams are keen to collaborate with people such as our residents’ action groups.”
Potential sites are being surveyed and the programme will begin later this month and run until the end of May.
Litter picking equipment will be provided.
The council spokesman said: “We invite established community groups who would like help tidy up parts of their community to contact the council and apply for funding. The funding will support residents with great ideas to spruce up their area alongside our experts.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested, email email@example.com or visit stevenage.gov.uk-spring-clean.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin