Call for volunteers in big Stevenage clean-up
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help clean up Stevenage neighbourhoods.
A spokesman for Stevenage Borough Council said: “As part of our efforts to work co-operatively with residents at a neighbourhood level, £26,000 has been dedicated to fund a spring clean. Our environment teams are keen to collaborate with people such as our residents’ action groups.”
Potential sites are being surveyed and the programme will begin later this month and run until the end of May.
Litter picking equipment will be provided.
The council spokesman said: “We invite established community groups who would like help tidy up parts of their community to contact the council and apply for funding. The funding will support residents with great ideas to spruce up their area alongside our experts.”
If you are interested, email email@example.com or visit stevenage.gov.uk-spring-clean.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000