Public warning issued after North London family’s Fairlands Valley picnic dispersed over weekend
- Credit: Brendan Falvey
After police in Stevenage had to disperse public gatherings over the weekend, including a family that had travelled from North London for a picnic, the town’s council have issued a reminder to those ignoring lockdown measures.
Stevenage Police were busy disrupting public gatherings that were ignoring the current COVID-19 lockdown guidance on Sunday afternoon.
In a tweet, they said: “So far today (Sunday) we’ve disrupted public gatherings contrary to the current #COVID19 guidance.
“We’ve also given direction to leave to a family that were having a picnic in Fairlands Valley Park that had travelled from Edgware because ‘it’s much nicer here’!”
Now, Stevenage Borough Council have responded to the incident, stating it was “very disappointed” when they heard the news.
You may also want to watch:
SBC said: “Over the weekend, we were very disappointed to hear our colleagues at Stevenage police had to give direction to leave to a family picnic in Fairlands Valley Park.
“We want to keep our parks and green spaces open so our residents can exercise in them, but we also want you to stay safe.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
“Police will continue to patrol parks to disperse any gatherings.”