New contactless charity donations for Stevenage Haven to tackle rising homelessness
- Credit: Archant
Contactless charity donation boxes are now available as part of an operation to prevent the rise of rough sleeping in Stevenage.
Stevenage Borough Council, working in partnership with The Haven, Stevenage Police and Rotary Club of Stevenage, has placed contactless charity donation boxes in a number of locations around the town.
The initiative allows members of the public to use debit or credit cards to make a donation of £3 to the Stevenage Haven at The Haven in Ditchmore Lane, SBC's Daneshill House offices or Stevenage Police Station.
The new scheme is part of Operation URBAN, the police response to issues faced around homelessness and the partner agency problem solving approach to the issue.
Sgt Chris Adshead said: "Police have worked hard with the council and Haven to help those who find themselves homeless.
You may also want to watch:
"This joint initiative will ensure that members of the public can make donations safe in the knowledge that their generosity will reach those most in need."
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising