Stevenage Borough Council apologises for ‘faux pas’ on some electoral registration forms
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Borough Council is apologising to people in the town after some of the forms it sent out to households in the borough contained a printing error.
The council is currently collecting information about who lives and who can vote in every house.
Some of the thousands of forms it has distributed contain a mistake on the front page.
They say ‘we do not have anyone registered to vote at this address’ when, in fact, the council does.
Anyone who receives a form with this error on is advised to turn to page two and fill out the details of everyone who is registered to vote at the address.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the council said: “We apologise for any confusion this may have caused.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation