Stevenage Borough Council apologises for ‘faux pas’ on some electoral registration forms
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Borough Council is apologising to people in the town after some of the forms it sent out to households in the borough contained a printing error.
The council is currently collecting information about who lives and who can vote in every house.
Some of the thousands of forms it has distributed contain a mistake on the front page.
They say ‘we do not have anyone registered to vote at this address’ when, in fact, the council does.
Anyone who receives a form with this error on is advised to turn to page two and fill out the details of everyone who is registered to vote at the address.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the council said: “We apologise for any confusion this may have caused.”
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images