Bingo is back! Stevenage Mecca hall to reopen next month
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
Bingo lovers in Stevenage are getting ready to see the balls rolling again as the phased reopening of Mecca Bingo clubs across the country is set to begin.
Across the country, 36 clubs are to reopen on July, 4, with Stevenage’s Mecca Club being one of the lucky few.
Social distancing measures will be in place, with clear signage to guide customers. A capacity cap will also be in place to ensure numbers are managed carefully.
Team members will be cleaning as they go and all tables, machines and touchpoints will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Visitors will be asked to clean their hands with hand sanitiser stations readily available around all clubs.
Jonathon Swaine, managing director of retail at Mecca Bingo, said: “We want to reassure the Mecca Bingo community that we are working together to take every precaution necessary to create a safe environment in which to play the nation’s favourite game.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re also investing in new entertainment formats in our clubs, to give everyone even better experiences.
“We are excited to reopen our doors, welcome back our communities and hear ‘House’ called once again.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin