Bingo is back! Stevenage Mecca hall to reopen next month
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
Bingo lovers in Stevenage are getting ready to see the balls rolling again as the phased reopening of Mecca Bingo clubs across the country is set to begin.
Across the country, 36 clubs are to reopen on July, 4, with Stevenage’s Mecca Club being one of the lucky few.
Social distancing measures will be in place, with clear signage to guide customers. A capacity cap will also be in place to ensure numbers are managed carefully.
Team members will be cleaning as they go and all tables, machines and touchpoints will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Visitors will be asked to clean their hands with hand sanitiser stations readily available around all clubs.
Jonathon Swaine, managing director of retail at Mecca Bingo, said: “We want to reassure the Mecca Bingo community that we are working together to take every precaution necessary to create a safe environment in which to play the nation’s favourite game.
“We’re also investing in new entertainment formats in our clubs, to give everyone even better experiences.
“We are excited to reopen our doors, welcome back our communities and hear ‘House’ called once again.”
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Stevenage-built spacecraft in risky Earth flyby