Stevenage Beer and Cider Festival 2018: Six thousand pints sunk in three days
- Credit: Archant
Beer lovers congregated over the weekend to taste what was on offer at this year’s Stevenage Beer and Cider Festival hosted by North Herts Camra.
Drinks flowed from Thursday to Saturday at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre with keen beer lovers trying real ale, cider and international offerings.
North Herts Camra’s festival organiser Jon Kirby said: “We had over 1,700 people through the doors over the three days, and managed to drink over 6,000 pints of ale – plus cider, international beers and key keg ales.
“It was a cracking weekend with a great atmosphere, and I’ve already spoken to a few people who are looking forward to the Hitchin festival on June 7, 8 and 9.
“It was an all-round success, which wouldn’t be possible without our volunteers, sponsors, and hosts Stevenage Leisure Ltd.”
You may also want to watch:
North Herts Camra’s 1000th member, Phoebe Rayner, was given an award, and former Half Moon landlords Howard Phillips and Wendy Mower were also recognised for services to real ale.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin