Man stabbed in thigh in Stevenage park
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old man was stabbed in the thigh during an altercation in Stevenage last week.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident which happened in the park in Bedwell Crescent on Thursday evening.
The assault is reported to have occured between 8pm and 9pm at the rear of the shops close to the main park area.
An argument is thought to have broken out between the victim and the offender - who are believed to be known to each other - and one man stabbed the other in the thigh.
Det Con Kathryn Pink said: "There were still a lot of people in the park at the time of the assault and we are hoping that someone might have witnessed the incident or seen the men arguing prior to it.
"Anyone who knows the men or has any information that could help our inquiry please contact us as soon as possible."
Anyone with any information should contact PC Kathryn Pink via email Kathryn.Pink@herts.pnn.police.uk or by calling the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 41/60523/19.
You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company