Stevenage bank to become bar?
A bank could soon become a bar, if listed building consent is given.
Seon Entertainment has applied to Stevenage Borough Council to convert the historic former Barclays bank on the High Street into a cocktail bar.
Applicant, Stevenage resident Rob Dettner, said he hopes to open The Bank Lounge Bar by the second week of December.
The council could not give a planning decision date on the internal alterations proposed to the listed building, other than it will be made by Christmas Eve, as will an alcohol licence.
Commenting on the plans Mr Dettner said: “It will be just a nice bar, run by local people.”
You may also want to watch:
Public consultation on the plans is open until Wednesday.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'