Stevenage bank to become bar?
A bank could soon become a bar, if listed building consent is given.
Seon Entertainment has applied to Stevenage Borough Council to convert the historic former Barclays bank on the High Street into a cocktail bar.
Applicant, Stevenage resident Rob Dettner, said he hopes to open The Bank Lounge Bar by the second week of December.
The council could not give a planning decision date on the internal alterations proposed to the listed building, other than it will be made by Christmas Eve, as will an alcohol licence.
Commenting on the plans Mr Dettner said: “It will be just a nice bar, run by local people.”
You may also want to watch:
Public consultation on the plans is open until Wednesday.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?