Stevenage baker jailed for sex with girl, 14
A 40-year-old Stevenage baker who had sex with a 14-year-old girl has been jailed for four years.
Lee Tiffney, of Coventry Close, was sentenced today (Tuesday) at Luton Crown Court after a jury heard how he had taken advantage of a vulnerable girl for his own sexual gratification two years ago.
Judge David Farrell, who described Tiffney’s behaviour as “appalling”, said he had also subjected his victim to the ordeal of reliving the experience in court because he could not admit the truth.
Prosecutor Jan Hayne said Tiffney had sexual relations with the girl over a period of time, which involved sex “most nights”.
Katherine Mansfield, defending, said Tiffney was unlikely to re-offend.
You may also want to watch:
“He has made admissions and it was not a pattern of behaviour,” she said. “At last he has unburdened himself of his awful secret. He realises the relationship was totally inappropriate.”
Tiffney must register as a sex offender for life and is banned from working with children.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 8 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?