Stevenage baker jailed for sex with girl, 14
A 40-year-old Stevenage baker who had sex with a 14-year-old girl has been jailed for four years.
Lee Tiffney, of Coventry Close, was sentenced today (Tuesday) at Luton Crown Court after a jury heard how he had taken advantage of a vulnerable girl for his own sexual gratification two years ago.
Judge David Farrell, who described Tiffney’s behaviour as “appalling”, said he had also subjected his victim to the ordeal of reliving the experience in court because he could not admit the truth.
Prosecutor Jan Hayne said Tiffney had sexual relations with the girl over a period of time, which involved sex “most nights”.
Katherine Mansfield, defending, said Tiffney was unlikely to re-offend.
You may also want to watch:
“He has made admissions and it was not a pattern of behaviour,” she said. “At last he has unburdened himself of his awful secret. He realises the relationship was totally inappropriate.”
Tiffney must register as a sex offender for life and is banned from working with children.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing