Man punched in the head during attempted robbery in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage man was allegedly punched in the face and head during an attempted robbery in the town on Tuesday.
Detectives are appealing for help to find a cyclist who may have witnessed the incident in London Road on the cycle path opposite the Broadwater Tesco store at around 9.45pm.
The victim, a 29-year-old man, was walking in towards the supermarket when he was approached by three men.
They allegedly held his arms behind his back and demanded his phone. When the victim said he did not have a phone they started to search him and he was punched in the face and head.
He then fell to his knees and the offenders ran off up an alleyway towards Turpin Rise.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Trudi Howell said: “The victim believes that a man cycling up the cycle path on London Road – from the direction of KFC towards the Toby Carvery – may have spooked the offenders.
“We are very keen to trace this man as he may have witnessed the incident or seen the offenders running away.”
If you think you have information that can help the investigation, contact DC Howell on 101, quoting reference 41/32674/19. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust