Stevenage artist’s music earns airplay on BBC Radio 2
- Credit: Archant
An independent Stevenage artist has had her music played on BBC Radio 2.
Kelly Oliver, from Stevenage, had her independently produced single Diamond Girl played on the station’s Folk Show last Wednesday and the single is due to be repeated on Bob Harris’s Sunday show tomorrow.
The 24-year-old, who lives in Symonds Green, is an independent performer who only started recording songs late last year.
Kelly has been working with Walkern-based mother and daughter team, Helen Meissner and Lauren Davies, who between them choose, record, promote and produce all the music being released on their label, Folkstock Records.
Helen said: “I hope this offers encouragement to other independent musicians. It is possible to build contacts from scratch using social media and we are thrilled with the result.
“Kelly is our first signing and we are chuffed to bits that the first single from her debut album, This Land, has received such a great reaction.”
Kelly is launching her album at an event in Harpenden Public Halls on Monday October, 27 at Harpenden Public Halls.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
For more information visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.