Stevenage artist’s music earns airplay on BBC Radio 2
- Credit: Archant
An independent Stevenage artist has had her music played on BBC Radio 2.
Kelly Oliver, from Stevenage, had her independently produced single Diamond Girl played on the station’s Folk Show last Wednesday and the single is due to be repeated on Bob Harris’s Sunday show tomorrow.
The 24-year-old, who lives in Symonds Green, is an independent performer who only started recording songs late last year.
Kelly has been working with Walkern-based mother and daughter team, Helen Meissner and Lauren Davies, who between them choose, record, promote and produce all the music being released on their label, Folkstock Records.
Helen said: “I hope this offers encouragement to other independent musicians. It is possible to build contacts from scratch using social media and we are thrilled with the result.
You may also want to watch:
“Kelly is our first signing and we are chuffed to bits that the first single from her debut album, This Land, has received such a great reaction.”
Kelly is launching her album at an event in Harpenden Public Halls on Monday October, 27 at Harpenden Public Halls.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
For more information visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.