Stevenage artist’s music earns airplay on BBC Radio 2
- Credit: Archant
An independent Stevenage artist has had her music played on BBC Radio 2.
Kelly Oliver, from Stevenage, had her independently produced single Diamond Girl played on the station’s Folk Show last Wednesday and the single is due to be repeated on Bob Harris’s Sunday show tomorrow.
The 24-year-old, who lives in Symonds Green, is an independent performer who only started recording songs late last year.
Kelly has been working with Walkern-based mother and daughter team, Helen Meissner and Lauren Davies, who between them choose, record, promote and produce all the music being released on their label, Folkstock Records.
Helen said: “I hope this offers encouragement to other independent musicians. It is possible to build contacts from scratch using social media and we are thrilled with the result.
“Kelly is our first signing and we are chuffed to bits that the first single from her debut album, This Land, has received such a great reaction.”
Kelly is launching her album at an event in Harpenden Public Halls on Monday October, 27 at Harpenden Public Halls.
- 1 Letchworth pond tested and fish removed after animals found dead
- 2 Have your say on plans to redevelop The Forum in Stevenage
- 3 All the Thameslink routes which will run during the early October strike
- 4 Multiple homes burgled in Letchworth
- 5 Over 55s invited to 'Ageing Together' event to improve housing needs
- 6 Education provider for children who struggle in school celebrates milestone
- 7 Stevenage Railway Station: Normal train service resumes after major repairs
- 8 October 1 strikes: A complete guide to trains in Hertfordshire
- 9 Baby Asian elephant calf named 'Queen' at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- 10 Felled weeping willow to be replaced in Hitchin churchyard
For more information visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.