Three men arrested in Stevenage after alleged assault on officer
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested in Stevenage yesterday in connection with a number of alleged offences – including assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.
Officers were making enquiries in Southwark Close between 8.30am and 9am when they made the arrests.
A 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of theft and resisting arrest. He remains in police custody at this time.
Geoffrey Lucking, 59, of Southwark Close, was also arrested and has since been charged with assaulting a police constable and resisting him in the execution of his duty. He is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on May 30.
A third man – an 18-year-old from Dover – was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, but he has since been released with no further action.
You may also want to watch:
During the incident police and the ambulance service received a call from nearby Winchester Close reporting that a man had suffered stab wounds, but on arrival this was established to not have been the case.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?