Three men arrested in Stevenage after alleged assault on officer
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested in Stevenage yesterday in connection with a number of alleged offences – including assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.
Officers were making enquiries in Southwark Close between 8.30am and 9am when they made the arrests.
A 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of theft and resisting arrest. He remains in police custody at this time.
Geoffrey Lucking, 59, of Southwark Close, was also arrested and has since been charged with assaulting a police constable and resisting him in the execution of his duty. He is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on May 30.
A third man – an 18-year-old from Dover – was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, but he has since been released with no further action.
During the incident police and the ambulance service received a call from nearby Winchester Close reporting that a man had suffered stab wounds, but on arrival this was established to not have been the case.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades