Three men arrested in Stevenage after alleged assault on officer
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested in Stevenage yesterday in connection with a number of alleged offences – including assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.
Officers were making enquiries in Southwark Close between 8.30am and 9am when they made the arrests.
A 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of theft and resisting arrest. He remains in police custody at this time.
Geoffrey Lucking, 59, of Southwark Close, was also arrested and has since been charged with assaulting a police constable and resisting him in the execution of his duty. He is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on May 30.
A third man – an 18-year-old from Dover – was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, but he has since been released with no further action.
You may also want to watch:
During the incident police and the ambulance service received a call from nearby Winchester Close reporting that a man had suffered stab wounds, but on arrival this was established to not have been the case.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images