Stevenage and North Herts communities to celebrate royal wedding
- Credit: Archant
Royal wedding fever is sweeping our communities as they prepare to celebrate Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big day on Saturday.
On Friday, early years pupils at Fairlands Primary School in Stevenage will celebrate with an afternoon tea. The children have been making bunting, practising their royal waves and making royal jelly for the big event.
On Saturday, Stevenage Borough Council has organised a street party in the town centre. The ceremony will be screened at Stevenage Indoor Market from 12 noon, then at 1pm the party begins in Town Square, before finishing at 4pm.
There will also be a wedding after-party on the Bowling Green in Stevenage High Street from 2.30pm to 5pm.
In Hitchin, NCT’s Herts North branch host a street party in Market Place from 10am, where you can watch the wedding live on a big screen – complete with deckchairs, face painting and food stalls.
You may also want to watch:
And at Oaktree Close in Letchworth there’s a Street Meet/Party in the Park at 3pm.
Three road closure licences were granted in Stevenage and Hitchin, Letchworth had one and Baldock had two licences granted.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
• If you’re celebrating the big day, email your pictures saying what you did and where to firstname.lastname@example.org.