Stevenage and North Herts communities to celebrate royal wedding
- Credit: Archant
Royal wedding fever is sweeping our communities as they prepare to celebrate Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big day on Saturday.
On Friday, early years pupils at Fairlands Primary School in Stevenage will celebrate with an afternoon tea. The children have been making bunting, practising their royal waves and making royal jelly for the big event.
On Saturday, Stevenage Borough Council has organised a street party in the town centre. The ceremony will be screened at Stevenage Indoor Market from 12 noon, then at 1pm the party begins in Town Square, before finishing at 4pm.
There will also be a wedding after-party on the Bowling Green in Stevenage High Street from 2.30pm to 5pm.
In Hitchin, NCT’s Herts North branch host a street party in Market Place from 10am, where you can watch the wedding live on a big screen – complete with deckchairs, face painting and food stalls.
You may also want to watch:
And at Oaktree Close in Letchworth there’s a Street Meet/Party in the Park at 3pm.
Three road closure licences were granted in Stevenage and Hitchin, Letchworth had one and Baldock had two licences granted.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
• If you’re celebrating the big day, email your pictures saying what you did and where to firstname.lastname@example.org.