Stevenage and Hitchin Blockbuster stores to close
- Credit: Archant
BLOCKBUSTER stores in Stevenage and Hitchin are to shut after a further 164 shops were added to a closure list today (Wednesday).
The DVD rental firm’s Stevenage store in Monkswood Way will shut in the coming weeks as part of a phased closure programme.
The fate of the Henlow Camp shop was announced as part of a first wave of closures in January, and administrator Deloitte has now confirmed that the Hitchin store in Hermitage Road was also on the initial list of 160 outlets.
There are currently no plans to close the Letchworth GC store in Eastcheap.
Lee Manning, joint administrator at Deloitte, said: “We have continued to review the performance of individual stores since our appointment a month ago and have concluded that further closures are necessary in order to restructure the company for sale.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank the company’s employees for their support and professionalism during this difficult time and we are also grateful for the continued support of customers. We are in discussions with a number of parties interested in purchasing all or parts of the business and will update on progress in due course.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation