Stevenage agent fees spend revealed
- Credit: Archant
Boro’s £40,660 spend on agent fees dwarfed by AFC Bournemouth’s £688,666
All but two League 1 clubs spent money on agent fees last season, with Stevenage spending just over £40,000.
Boro made 33 new player registration/transfers during the 2012-13 campaign and in total spent £40,660 on agents.
Figures released by the Football League reveal that Boro also updated seven contracts, cancelled two more and made 14 loan deals.
AFC Bournemouth, who won promotion to the Championship last season, dwarfed all other clubs in the division by spending £688,666 on agents. This was more than a quarter of the total spent by the 24 teams in the league (£2,261,020). The next highest was Coventry City with £252,256.
You may also want to watch:
Only Crewe Alexandra and Hartlepool United in League 1 did not spend a penny on the fees.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn