Hitchin man arrested after car overturns on Stevenage A602
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old Hitchin man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car overturned in Stevenage last night.
Police were called shortly before 10.20pm yesterday to reports of a crash in Lytton Way.
On arrival officers found a Mercedes had overturned on the A602 dual carriageway, near the Esso garage.
A police spokeswoman said one person suffered “slight injuries” and was treated at the scene by the ambulance service.
A 22-year-old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of driving above the prescribed alcohol limit. He remains in police custody at this time.
You may also want to watch:
The car was recovered by 11.55pm, and the Herts Highways team were called to clear debris and fluid from the dual carriageway.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?