Hitchin man arrested after car overturns on Stevenage A602
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old Hitchin man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car overturned in Stevenage last night.
Police were called shortly before 10.20pm yesterday to reports of a crash in Lytton Way.
On arrival officers found a Mercedes had overturned on the A602 dual carriageway, near the Esso garage.
A police spokeswoman said one person suffered “slight injuries” and was treated at the scene by the ambulance service.
A 22-year-old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of driving above the prescribed alcohol limit. He remains in police custody at this time.
You may also want to watch:
The car was recovered by 11.55pm, and the Herts Highways team were called to clear debris and fluid from the dual carriageway.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images