Police chase ends with A1(M) Stevenage slip road crash
- Credit: Archant
A police chase which started in Buntingford ended on an A1(M) slip road near Stevenage on Monday – with a Vauxhall Corsa smashing into a stationary car waiting at a red light.
Officers on patrol tried to pull over the Corsa in Buntingford's Station Road just after 4.50pm on Monday.
The car failed to stop and was subsequently pursued southbound down the A1(M) from Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate.
The Corsa went down the southbound slip road for Junction 8 (Stevenage Coreys Mill) and crashed into the back of a stationary car, which in turn bumped the car in front as a result of the impact.
A police spokeswoman has confirmed that nobody was seriously injured in the crash.
A 19-year-old woman from Buntingford was subsequently arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. She has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police. You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the force communications room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call 101 quoting reference 41/93154/19. If a crime is in progress or someone's life is in danger, call 999 immediately.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England