Police chase ends with A1(M) Stevenage slip road crash
- Credit: Archant
A police chase which started in Buntingford ended on an A1(M) slip road near Stevenage on Monday – with a Vauxhall Corsa smashing into a stationary car waiting at a red light.
Officers on patrol tried to pull over the Corsa in Buntingford's Station Road just after 4.50pm on Monday.
The car failed to stop and was subsequently pursued southbound down the A1(M) from Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate.
The Corsa went down the southbound slip road for Junction 8 (Stevenage Coreys Mill) and crashed into the back of a stationary car, which in turn bumped the car in front as a result of the impact.
A police spokeswoman has confirmed that nobody was seriously injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old woman from Buntingford was subsequently arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. She has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police. You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the force communications room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call 101 quoting reference 41/93154/19. If a crime is in progress or someone's life is in danger, call 999 immediately.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises