Full steam ahead with classic engines at Stevenage station
- Credit: Archant
There was a steam engine spectacle at Stevenage railway station at the weekend, as enthusiasts gathered to catch a glimpse.
On Saturday, the steam engine LMS Coronation Class 8P 4-6-2 no 46233 Duchess of Sutherland called at 9.50am, pulling The Lindum Fayre on its way from London King’s Cross to Lincoln Central. It called at Stevenage again at 9.52pm on its return.
On Sunday, The Cathedrals Express was hauled into Stevenage by LMS Class 5MT 4-6-0 no 44871 at 10.11am and called at Stevenage again at 8.27pm.
Lifelong railway enthusiast Rich Goldthorpe, who is also a member of Stevenage Photographic Society, was on hand to captured both steam engines in action.
Stevenage’s Jim Brown was also at the station when The Lindum Fayre’s stopped off on its way back to London, which he said “suprised a few people, and brought some smiles”.
You may also want to watch:
LMS Cornation Class 7P 4-6-2 no 46233 Duchess of Sutherland will pull The Christmas White Rose on Saturday and is due to arrive at Stevenage from King’s Cross at 8.06am, stopping for two minutes before travelling to York, returning back through Stevenage at 9.24pm and stopping for six minutes.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years