Steam and country fair is ready to roll at Knebworth Park
- Credit: Archant
Brought to you by the same team behind the popular Christmas Fair at Knebworth Park in November, Oakleigh Fairs say thousands are expected to flock to the park over the weekend of August 12 and 13 for the annual Steam Country & Crafts Fair.
The fair will feature steam engines, Jez Avery’s stunt bikes and buggies, historical reenactments from the History Revisited group, a falconry display team, ferret racing, Mario Magic children’s entertainer, the Totally Terriers dog display team and the Knight of Honour battle re-enactments.
On Sunday there is the Companion Dog Show, so you are invited to bring along a canine friend and have a go.
Added to this is a medieval village, vintage cars, stick furniture making, pole latheing and rural demonstration skills, art displays and food stalls.
A spokesman for Oakleigh, said: “We are delighted to be returning to Knebworth for our fair, now in its eighth year.
“We have invited a whole host of steam engines - both scale and full size to add to our regular entertainment, in a celebration of country life at its best as well as much more besides.
“It’s a fantastic setting and we really enjoy working with the team there.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
“Our events are designed with the whole family in mind – we want to deliver a really good weekend that everyone can enjoy, young and old, and we are bringing some fantastic new entertainment to the show this year.”
Special interest groups are warmly invited to take part and the organisers welcome enquiries from trade stands
The show is open from Open 10am to 5pm on both days. Admission is £9.50, family tickets (for 4 persons) £34. Advance tickets at discounted rates are available from www.oakleighfairs.co.uk/knebworth-steam-crafts-country-life-fair.
Tickets also include entrance to the gardens, park, dinosaur trail and adventure playground.